An Important Message ABOUT COVID-19
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your normal visits to our office. Our infection control procedures are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA), and The American Dental Association(ADA). We follow the activities of these organizations so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. In addition, we annually employ a professional third party company to audit our policies to confirm we exceed these standards.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes in response to the current COVID-19 Pandemic to protect our patients and staff members. We have spent significant time and investment updating administrative, facility, and engineering controls to adapt to the current environment. Some of these changes are as follows:
- All staff members will be screened daily before work.
- You will be asked screening questions when confirming appointments as well as when you arrive at the office. Infrared thermometers will be used to take temperature as part of screening.
- Masks MUST be worn into the office
- Hand sanitizer will be available and is to be used by ALL persons upon entering office
- Appointment times will be managed to allow social distancing, please be prompt.
- Please come alone to your appointment if possible to again maintain social distancing.
- Seats in the waiting room are six feet apart and will be sanitized regularly.
- All patients will be guided through a clockwise rotation of movement throughout the office.
- All patients will pre-rinse with hydrogen peroxide before treatment to reduce viral load.
- Advanced 6 stage air filtration systems with germicidal UV-C+ bulbs are located throughout the office. https://surgicallycleanair.com/sca-products/ These units completely scrub the air in each operatory to surgical operating room standards every 5 minutes. This is extremely important due to the airborne component of COVID-19.
- After treatment, patients will again sanitize hands and wear masks as they exit.
- Plexiglass screens have been installed for checkout and scheduling.
*Modifications to these rules will be made for asymptomatic vaccinated individuals
COVID-19 Screening Questions
All answers MUST be "no". If you answer "yes" to any questions we kindly ask you to call and reschedule your appointment.
- Diagnosis of or exposure to COVID-19 infection.
- Recent travel by you or immediate family members to areas of high infection rate.
- Temperature over 100.4 degrees (fever)
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing, fatigue
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches not related to exercise
- Loss of taste or smell
- Intestinal/GI upset
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient and staff member, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (413) 562-5494 or contact us online.
The Entire Team at Kasperowski Family Dentistry